When new grants are inputted into the CCSG Funding Workspace, administration will often need to acquire additional information for the purpose of accurately reporting Cancer Relevance associated with the project. There needs to be some interaction directly with the project investigator(s) or with respective program leadership.
The embedded Fund Verification tool in Research Logix allows for administration to quickly send out solicitations to investigators to acquire this critical information, and also provide an opportunity for them to record justification and comments on the assignments.
This guide will provide information on how to set up and manage the Fund Verification process for your center.
Solicitation Setup and Management
Move the grants that you would like to have verified from Pending Review to Reported Funding.
This step will put projects that are currently without the information that you need, but have been properly vetted as belonging to investigators and/or associated with a Research Program for your center.
Note: In order for the grant to appear in the investigator's review queue, it will need to be assigned to them. Using the Error(s) column will let you know if the grant as been properly assigned to an investigator.
After moving to Reported Funding, the grant will now be reviewable by the investigator/program leader.
Set up the Fund Verification Solicitation Settings
Click the Fund Verification link from within the Funding Workspace. Make sure that you are in the correct funding workspace that you would like to acquire information for.
There are a few options in setting up of the Fund Verification tool. These options can be view and set from the Settings link below the Fund Verification tab.
Associate the review for individual investigator review or program leader review.
You have some flexibility in assigning who you would like to gather information from. Your choices are:
- Individual Investigators » Will go directly to the investigators assigned to the grant
- Program Leadership » Will go to the Leaders of the Research Program(s) that the grant is affiliated with
Set up the solicitation email.
You can customize the email message that goes out to the recipients of the Funding Solicitation. Using the editor, customize your email specifically for your need. Use the field placeholders to the left to personalize your solicitations.
The email preview will appear on the right hand side after you have saved the Email Template. Continue to customize until you are happy with the results. This preview is an exact replica of what the recipient will receive when initiating the solicitation or sending reminders.
Preview who will be receiving the solicitation and view their workload.
The Status section of the Fund Verification tool will provide an at-a-glance status of funding review with some interaction options for users associated with the review.
- Reminder » Clicking this option will send an individual reminder to the user.
- Preview Workspace » Prior to sending out, administrators can preview and interact with the exact dashboard that the user will see. This will open in a new window, and will be interacting with actual, live data. Administrators will be able to act on behalf of the user, if needed.
- Copy Link » If an administrator prefers to draft and send an email from their own email program, the Copy tool will copy the direct link to the user's review workspace.
- Progress » The progress bar will show current workload. It will show the number of grants assigned and number of grants pending their input. A project's review is identified as Complete when a Cancer Percentage and Justification has been entered.
- Notify All » If an administrator would like to send an email blast out to all users listed in the Investigator Review queue, clicking Notify All will send all emails out at once.
Please sign in to leave a comment.