This walkthrough will show you how to assign view-only access to your shared resource(s) for Research Logix Members and/or Support Staff.
You have a Shared Resource leader and/or manager who is interested in viewing publications that have been flagged as using their shared resource/core.
About the Shared Resource module:
Research Logix provides a view only access to a shared resource through our Shared Resource Leader/Manager assignment tool. The Shared Resource module will allow an assigned user to view publication reporting designated to their assigned core(s). In addition, if this is a Cancer Center (CCSG Module) account, they will also have access to an Active Member Directory, which they can use to verify if a customer is eligible to receive discounts for their service.
Assigning Access for an Investigator (Account Member)
- From the left navigation, select Investigators to view your Account Member Listing
- Search for the Investigator you would like to give access to, and select Actions next to their name. Then, click the Actions option from the dropdown.
- You are now in the Account Member actions module. Within this section, click the Shared Resource/Core Manager option.
- You are now ready to select which core you would like to grant access to for this Investigator. From the dropdown, select the core you want to assign. After selecting the core, click Grant Access.
Note: There is an additional option within this view which asks if the Investigator is considered a "Leader for the Core". Selecting YES for this will add the Investigator's name to Data Table 1C for the core.
- Once the core has been assigned, it will appear under Current Access & Leadership to Cores. In the future, if you would like to remove access for the Investigator, to the core, use the Remove button to remove their access.
Accessing the Shared Resource Module (Investigator's View)
From the Investigator's profile, this is how users are able to access the Shared Resource Module.
- Non-administrative accounts for Research Logix have a more personalized view of data. After the user signs in, they will now have a new option at the top of their profile menu named "Leadership". Select this option to access the Leadership Tools.
- Since the investigator has been assigned as a Shared Resource Leader/Manager, the system will display the Shared Resource(s) that they have access to, on this page.
Click the Actions button, next to the Shared Resource name to display the menu to access information specific to the selected Shared Resource.
Assigning Access for a Manager (Support Staff)
- From the left navigation, select Support Staff to view your Support Staff Listing
- Search for the Support Staff or Manager you would like to give access to, and select Actions next to their name. Then, click the Actions option from the dropdown.
- You are now in the Support Staff actions module. Within this section, click the Shared Resource/Core Manager option.
- You are now ready to select which core you would like to grant access to for this Support Staff. From the dropdown, select the core you want to assign. After selecting the core, click Grant Access.
Accessing the Shared Resource Module (Support Staff View)
For Support Staff roles, access to the Shared Resource will remain the same - with one exception. Instead of Leadership listed within the navigation, it will be listed as Manager. All functionality will remain the same for viewing Shared Resource related information.